JOB TITLE: Medicaid Service Coordinator - relief
DEPARTMENT: Medicaid Service Coordination
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Medicaid Service Coordinator
Hours/Days of Work: Relief; up to 20 hours per week, based upon caseload.
Education/Experience: Two-year college degree in Human Services and one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Prefer a four-year degree with experience listed above. Computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word) a plus.
Physical Requirements: None
- Delivery of case management services through Medicaid Service Coordination, home and community based services waivers programs.
- Facilitate, develop, implement, review and revise Individual Service Plans.
- Conduct intake interviews and assess individual needs.
- Make referrals to appropriate service providers based on Individual Service Plans, consumer requests, guardian/advocate requests and/or need.
- Monitor and respond to consumer satisfaction.
- Gather and maintain documentation for Individual Case Files as required by Federal and State regulations governing Medicaid Service Coordination and Home & Community Based Services waiver programs.
- Conduct monthly contacts and annual home visits with consumers.
- Act as liaison between agencies, agencies and consumers, and agency departments.
- Fulfill all State and agency training requirements.
- Adhere to CQL qualities and standards. Conduct Person Centered Planning
including completion of Personal Outcome Interviews.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.