Title: Medical OfficeClerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Patient Services Coordinator
Hours of Work:
Full time 40 hours per week.
Education and/or Experience: Two years experience in any combination of the following: medical/dental scheduling, office procedures, reception/front desk, medical records, insurance . Knowledge of medical terminology preferred, with good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to read and write the English language
Physical Requirements: (Other than general good health) None
- Greet and assist in patient sign in/information verification process, being responsive to patient and visitor needs. Determine if appointment exists and indicate patient present for services.
- Receive incoming telephone lines, resolving issues, routing calls as indicated or taking and distributing appropriate messages.
- Perform computerized registration of new patients using information verbally obtained or via intake packet information. Updating of registration information as appropriate. Collect signatures on all pertinent treatment consent and release of information forms. Distribute privacy, right and responsibility, advanced directive and other information as required at the time of the first patient visit, obtaining necessary signatures verifying receipt of such information.
- Verify payor information on all new patients.
- Periodically, as indicated by Health Center policy, confirm patient eligibility by various payors and update computer system as indicated.
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule appointments as required by provider request and patient need.
- Collect and post payments received from patients.
- Confirm future appointments.
- Maintain provider schedules in the computer system.
- Retrieval and return of patient health records as needed in providing daily services.
- Analyze records/documents ensuring completeness and flagging deficiencies.
- Assist in training of new staff as required.
- Attend mandated training as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with providers, patients, family members, coworkers and visitors
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testing.