Look no further. This is the place for you! Liberty ARC offers you the chance to have a fulfilling career with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of those we support. Liberty, the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC, supports individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards and want to be a part of something special, we want YOU!
Don’t miss the chance to work at one of most respected not-for-profits in upstate NY. We offer numerous professional growth opportunities, paid/on-the-job training and competitive benefits. Apply now and begin a truly unforgettable experience with us. It’s all about the opportunity and what you make of the journey!
Medicaid Service Coordinator – Part Time
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Reports To: Assistant Director of MSC
Physical Requirements: Normal Office Environment
Hours of Work: 28hrs/wk, Mon-Fri, additional evening and
weekend hours as required by caseload
- Associates Degree in Human Services, Bachelor’s preferred.
- One year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Computer knowledge and skills(Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word) a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of case management services through Medicaid Service Coordination, home and community based services waivers program
- Facilitate, develop, implement, review and revise Individual Service Plans
- Make referrals to appropriate service providers based on ISPs, consumer requests, guardian/advocate requests and/or need.
- Monitor and respond to consumer satisfaction
- Gather and maintain documentation for Individual Case Files as required by Federal and State regulations governing Medicaid Service Coordination and Home & Community Based Services waiver programs
- Conduct 2 face-to-face visits and annual home visits with consumers, and prepare Service Coordination Observation Reports
- Act as liaison between agencies, agencies and consumers, and agency departments
- Fulfill all State and agency training requirements
- Adhere to CQL qualities and standards. Conduct Person Centered Planning including completion of Personal Outcome Interviews.
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testing.
Liberty was founded in 1957 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wished to establish special education programs in the local community. Celebrating 60 years of quality services in 2017, the organization offers vocational, residential, day, family support and health-related services. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, NY with sites located throughout Montgomery County.
Get to know Liberty ARC…visit us on Facebook and at libertyarc.org