Liberty, is the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC, Inc. a statewide advocacy organization serving people with disabilities through its 48 member Chapters.
Our mission: We work together to support people with disabilities and others in need to achieve a quality of life each person values.
Our values: Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, Resourcefulness & Person-Centered — form the foundation of all our endeavors.
The Montgomery County Chapter was founded in 1957 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wished to establish special education programs in the local community. Over the last 60 years, the organization has grown to include vocational, residential, day, family support and health-related services.
Title: Behavior Intervention Specialist
Reports To: Supervising Behaviorist
Physical Requirements: Walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting, ability to perform intervention techniques
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Hours of Work: Full-time, 37.5 hours/wk, some travel required
- Master’s degree from a program in clinical and/or treatment field of Psychology and has had documented training in assessment techniques and behavioral support plan development
- Has National Board Certification in behavior analysis (BCBA) and who has a Master’s degree in behavior analysis or a field closely related to clinical or community Psychology.
- Experience working with individuals with autism and/or dual diagnosis is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The overall duties center on providing behavioral supports to individuals along with providing training and instruction:
- Provide Psychological/Behavioral supports to individuals in programs, maintaining compliance with Department and Agency policy/procedure, State, local, and Federal regulations.
- Record and maintain individual’s behavioral records in compliance with all department and agency policies/procedures as well as all state, local, and federal regulations.
- Provide behavioral training to agency personnel to include, orientation in home and work site.
- Communication that is appropriate, accurate and timely.
- Caseload coverage as assigned
- Pursue personal/professional development and attend mandated agency training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testing.