Look no further. This is the place for you! Liberty ARC offers you the chance to have a fulfilling career with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of those we support. Liberty, the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC, supports individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards and want to be a part of something special, we want YOU!
Don’t miss the chance to work at one of most respected not-for-profits in upstate NY. We offer numerous professional growth opportunities, paid/on-the-job training and competitive benefits. Apply now and begin a truly unforgettable experience with us. It’s all about the opportunity and what you make of the journey!
Live-In Assistant Manager
$14.45/hr plus experience
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Reports To: Residential Manager
Physical Requirements: Lifting: Ability to lift and transfer consumers, walking, climbing, bending,
Reaching, climbing stairs, twisting, kneeling
Hours of Work: Full Time approximately 40 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours
required. Holiday work required when it occurs on the shift. Emergency coverage
required, active phone # required.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working directly with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must successfully complete Liberty’s Medication Administration Certification as well as other required trainings
- Ability to work independently and possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and speak the English language.
- Diploma/GED required
- Valid NYS Driver’s license required.
- Personnel Management
- Provide Individual Support
- Health & Nutrition
- Regulatory(Policy & Procedure)
- Community Relations
- Scheduled Hours
- Personal Outcome Measures
- Other duties specific to the Live-In Assistant Manager
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testin Liberty was founded in 1957 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wished to establish special education programs in the local community. Celebrating 60 years of quality services in 2017, the organization offers vocational, residential, day, family support and health-related services. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, NY with sites located throughout Montgomery County.
- Get to know Liberty ARC…visit us on Facebook and at libertyarc.org