Look no further. Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities, to make a REAL difference in the lives of those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Employment Support Specialist
Coordinator of Employment Services, CEN
walking, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, twisting, squatting, kneeling, climbing, lifting up to 50lbs, push and pull heavy loads.
Hours of Work:
Full Time, 37.5hrs a week. Some travel required, must be willing to work flexible hours(evenings/weekends)
- High school diploma/GED
- A minimum of two(2) years of experience in providing services to persons who have disabling conditions(experience in vocational rehabilitation preferred).
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language. Ability to also read, write and speak the Spanish language preferred.
- A varied and successful work history in competitive employment settings
- Knowledge of employer expectations of performance and employee behaviors
- Knowledge of the local job market
- Ability to communicate effectively and present in groups.
The overall duties center around providing person-centered employment planning and support services that provide assistance for an individual to prepare for, obtain, maintain or advance in competitive employment.
- Participate in community events such as open houses, grand openings and job fairs as requested.
- Collaborate with local schools, employers, funders and other community partners to develop relationships and navigate work experiences and supports for individuals supported.
- Participate in ongoing training and staff development activities associated with provisions employment services.
- Develop job leads and work experience opportunities for individuals supported
- Assure that job placement matches the skill set, interest and abilities of individuals
- Communicate and coordinate amongst co-workers and team members to identify job placement opportunities for all individuals receiving services.
- Conduct pre-employment services including but not limited to youth transition, interview preparation, benefits navigation, travel training, development of natural supports and referral for other services.
- Job coach individuals at the job site at the intensity and frequency that is needed by the consumer.
- Promote on the job training for individuals to learn or develop skills essential to their job.
- Foster opportunities to educate and engage employers to understand and utilize tax incentives, work try-outs, on the job training and accommodations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for pre-employment, placement, intensive and extended services.
- Meet milestones goals and performance indicators for pre-employment, placement and retention services.
- Provide person centered individual support in all areas of supported employment reflective of individual’s personal outcomes and goals.
- Conduct periodic reassessment and alteration of strategies, as appropriate to the person’s needs.
- Advocacy with other service providers, the person’s natural supports and employers to promote adjustment and employment retention.
- Attend ISP meetings/reviews and other review meetings for individuals on caseload.
- Coordinate services in the community for each individual as need dictates.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate case records for each consumer on caseload(progress notes, implementation plans, ISP updates and other as prescribed by policies and procedures)
- Assure services provided uphold quality, integrity and compliance
- Perform other duties and trainings as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.