Look no further. This is the place for you! Liberty ARC
offers you the chance to have a fulfilling career with numerous opportunities to make a REAL
difference in the lives of those we support. Liberty, the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC
, supports individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards and want to be a part of something special, we want YOU!
Don’t miss the chance to work at one of most respected not-for-profits in upstate NY. We offer numerous professional growth opportunities, paid/on-the-job training and competitive benefits. Apply now and begin a truly unforgettable experience with us. It’s all about the opportunity and what you make of the journey!
Registered Nurse (RN)
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Walking, bending, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, lifting, etc.
Hour of Work:
Full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday thru Friday. Rotating on-call.
- Licensed RN in New York State.
- One year clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills are very important.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Travel is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
The overall duties center around providing medical services to individuals in Residential and Day Programs along with providing training and instruction in health areas as requested to individuals and staff.
- Provide medical services to individuals in the residential programs, in compliance with agency, local, state and federal regulations.
- Assess for actual or potential health hazards whether physical or biological for each individual on an ongoing basis.
- Provide health and safety training to agency personnel, to include: Residential and work sites
- Record and maintain individual medical records in compliance with all federal, state. Local and agency regulations, policies & procedures.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, surveys as part of the individual’s overall plan of care.
- Responsible for assuring all communication is accurate and timely, and conveyed to learn and direct care system with instructions as needed.
- Pursue personal and professional development and attend mandated agency training as required.
- Provide additional caseload coverage as assigned.
- Residential and Day visits weekly where there are two or more individuals and more frequently as medically necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testing.
Liberty was founded in 1957 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wished to establish special education programs in the local community. Celebrating 60 years of quality services in 2017, the organization offers vocational, residential, day, family support and health-related services. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, NY with sites located throughout Montgomery County.
Get to know Liberty ARC…visit us on Facebook and at libertyarc.org