Shipping & Receiving Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Normal Office Environment
Hours of Work:
Mon-Fri 37.5 hours/week. Some Travel Required Overtime work as required. .
- HS Diploma or equivalent with two years’ experience in clerical, shipping & receiving
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient with MS Office
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk/Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties to support and assist with the daily needs of the Manufacturing department. Shipping/receiving duties are essential to this role to ensure timely customer order fulfillment, and accurate customer invoicing.
- Distribute incoming raw material delivery documents to Accounts Payable and QC Technician.
- Monitor items in production for delivery to customer including NYSID, Amazon, Source America, and Internal sales. Create shipping documents and maintain shipping log. Ensure customer specific shipment requirements and timelines are achieved.
- Monitor and report inventory levels against open order report.
- Update budget sheet to actual sales and distribute to sales and production teams to assist with sales monitoring and forecasting
- Interface with the departmental staff and business office as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
- Reconcile FedEx, UPS and Ryder Invoices.
- Generate and monitor E-reqs as needed and required
- Complete necessary administrative duties for the Directors of Industrial Operations and Director of Sales & Marketing such as maintaining electronic calendars, establishing/monitoring appointments, preparing meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, reconciling timecards within Kronos, etc.
- Ensure maintenance, distribution and retention of department specific records such as Time Studies, Authorization to Proceed, Cost Sheets, Individual Employment Evaluations, etc.
- Cover for Liberty receptionist/switchboard needs as requested.
- Attend trainings as required and/or needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.