Assistant Director of New Dimensions in Healthcare
Director of New Dimensions in Healthcare
Normal office environment
Hours of Work:
Full-time 40 hours per week
Manage Medical and Dental Operations to ensure regulatory compliance, patient care, quality improvement, efficient work flow process and budget expectations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or a business related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience and two years prior administrative and/or financial experience, including knowledge of the healthcare field.
- Demonstrate two years prior experience in supervising/managing a Quality Improvement Department, Primary Care Clinic or Dental Clinic.
- Experience in usage of Electronic Medical Record Systems. Medent and Dentrix preferred.
- Experience with medical and dental insurances and coding is preferred.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Oversee Health Center Operations including:
- Delivery of Health Services
- Provider Relations
- Utilization Management
- Practice Management
- Business Operations
- Direct the delivery of Health Services including primary medical, medical specialties, long term services and dental services throughout multiple county delivery systems in conjunction with the Medical Director, Chief of Dentistry, and the Director of the Heath Center and Facilities Management.
- Oversee Health Center budget, reimbursement management, financial reporting/billing and collections in conjunction with the Director of the Health Center and Facilities Management.
- Review and monitor the Dental and Medical Operations to identify operational and quality areas of improvement and efficiencies.
- Develop and/or revise existing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with DOH, OSHA, CMS and all other applicable regulations. Continue existing relationships with DOH and appropriate consultants to obtain any necessary clarifications.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a written Quality Improvement Program that includes a planned and systematic process for monitoring and assessing the quality and appropriateness of patient care and clinical performance on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare reports for all components of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Program to facilitate the communication of CQI information to appropriate committees and the Board as requested by the Director.
- Ensure all incidents, such as staff injury accidents, unusual occurrences, medication events and patient complaints are reviewed and action is taken as appropriate, and that these events are reported to the CQI Committee and Director of the Health Center.
- Participate in and chair CQI Committee, Infection Control Committee, Credentialing Committee, Policy Committee, Safety Committee and any other committees as assigned by the Director of Health Center and Facilities Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.