Per-Diem Dental Hygienist
Physical Requirements: Ability to assist with the transfer of patients
Hours of Work: Per Diem, Relief as per Health Center need
Reports To: Director of NDHC and FM
The Dental Hygienist will perform dental hygiene as required for patients at New Dimensions in Healthcare.
- Licensed to practice Dental Hygiene in New York State.
- Two years experience in a dental office setting required
- Experience with persons with developmental disabilities and children is preferred but not required
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide direct dental hygiene care, including review of records, cleaning, scaling and polishing of teeth; taking, processing and mounting of x-rays, giving advice and instruction on oral hygiene; application of topical fluoride and sealants and charting of caries and periodontal conditions, all in accordance with New Dimensions in Health Care policy and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Preparation and maintenance of patient records to include timely and up-to-date patient records for all services provided.
- As appropriate, participate in additional patient related tasks such as accompaniment to and from the operatories, assistance in making of appointments, arranging for required pre-medications and chart review.
- As appropriate, participate in operational tasks associated with proper maintenance of the dental department, such as preparation of dental operatories for subsequent patients.
- To participate in meetings, conferences, committees and project teams to develop and maintain high quality care and to assist the Health Center in fulfillment of its mission.
- Attend mandated training as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with other providers, patients, family members, coworkers and visitors.
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.