Relief Medical Office Clerk - Front Desk
*** Hours are part time, as needed ***
: New Dimensions in Healthcare -
Front Desk Supervisor
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Hours of Work:
Performs necessary tasks to schedule patients, complete new patient demographics and check out patients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years’ experience in any combination of the following: medical/dental scheduling, office procedures, reception/front desk, medical records, insurance. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Greet and assist in patient sign in/information verification process, be responsive to patient and visitor needs. Determine if appointment exists and indicate patient present for services.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, resolve issues, route calls as indicated or take and distribute messages.
- Perform computerized registration of new patients using information verbally obtained or via intake packet information. Update registration information as appropriate. Collect signatures on all pertinent treatment consent and release of information forms. Distribute privacy, right and responsibility, advanced directive and other information as required at the time of the first patient visit, obtaining necessary signatures verifying receipt of such information.
- Verify payer information on all new patients.
- Periodically, as indicated by Health Center policy, confirm patient eligibility by various payers and update computer system as indicated.
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule appointments as required by provider request and patient need.
- Collect and post payments received through the mail or directly from patients.
- Confirm future appointments.
- Maintain provider schedules in the computer system.
- Prepare records for transfer of information to other health care providers, patients, attorneys and other agencies in keeping with established Health Center policy and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Analyze records/documents ensuring completeness and flag deficiencies.
- Assist in training of new staff as required.
- Attend mandated training as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with providers, patients, family members, coworkers and visitors
- Understand and implement the principles of PCMH
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.