Human Resources Coordinator
Hours of Work: Full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Report to: State-Wide Director, CCL
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting (up to 15 lbs)
- Associate’s degree with HR concentration and/or PHR certification preferred.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- 1-3 years overall Human Resource experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review applications, schedule interviews, conduct initial interviews and make recommendations regarding eligibility for hire to management
- Coordinate scheduling of second interviews with managers
- Schedule all required pre-employment requirements, including physical, fingerprinting, testing.
- Maintain all required paperwork for all employees
- Recruitment and retention activities to maintain qualified workforce, including job fairs, coordinating with local DOL offices and colleges for job postings.
- Maintain all Worker’s Comp paperwork
- Schedule and maintain records for all required employee training
- Process all PTO requests
- Prepare Unemployment Requests; prepare for and attend UI Hearings
- Conduct initial employee orientation
- Process and forward Unemployment Requests for Information
- Forward and file Unemployment Requests and Decisions
- Prepare for all and attend UI Hearings (some travel required pending location of hearing).
- Maintain staff vacancy list, post vacancies, prepare advertisements as necessary
- Coordinate employee benefits, conduct open enrollment sessions
- Document and track LOA, FMLA paperwork*
*A Task List with detail of duties is available for training and reference