Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Senior Employment Support Professional
Coordinator of Employment Services
: Walking, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting, ability to push/pull loads, ability to lift 10 lbs.
Hours of Work:
Full Time, 37.5 hours a week. Some travel required, Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends)
: This position supports people with disabilities in preparing for the workforce through education, training, and job readiness preparation and provides services prescribed requiring higher level education. The Senior Employment Support Professional will work closely with businesses and community partners to help identify qualified candidates for various positions. The overall duties center around providing person-centered employment planning and support services that provide assistance for an individual to prepare for, obtain, maintain, or advance in competitive employment.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience providing services to individuals with disabilities in the areas of vocational rehabilitation required
- Credentialed as a Certified Employment Support Professional ™ preferred
- Valid driver’s license w/ no drug or alcohol related violations, excessive accidents or excessive points.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language, Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language preferred
- A varied and successful work history in competitive employment settings; Ability to communicate effective and present in groups. Knowledge of employer expectations of performance and employee behaviors; Knowledge of the local job market
- Collaborate with employers, local schools, funders and other community partners to develop relationships, educate on the benefits of our services, and develop employment/work experience opportunities for individuals supported
- Conduct pre-employment services including but not limited to developing and delivering work readiness courses, assessment, evaluation, youth transition, interview preparation, benefits navigation, travel training, development of natural supports and referral for other services.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate case records and required reports for each individual on caseload (progress notes, implementation plans, ISP updates and other as prescribed by policies and procedures)
- Job coach individuals at the job site at the intensity and frequency that is needed by the consumer
- Communicate and coordinate amongst co-workers and team members to identify job placement opportunities for all individuals receiving services
- Provide person centered individual support in all areas of supported employment reflective of individual’s personal outcomes and goals.
- Advocacy with other service providers, the person’s natural supports and employers to promote adjustment and employment retention
- Attend ISP meetings/reviews and other review meetings for individuals on caseload
- Participate in ongoing training and staff development activities associated with provisions employment services
- Perform other duties and trainings as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.