Product Development/Marketing Manager
Director of Sales and Marketing
Normal Office Environment, some lifting
Hours of Work:
Full Time, Mon-Fri 37.5hrs, 8:30a-4:30p, ability to be flexible with schedule
This position is responsible for the process and coordination of all activities required to bring a product to market. This involves communication between different departments within the company and aligning all of the teams involved. This person coordinates all stages of product development, from initial concept, market evaluation, time studies, NYS OGS product submission to finalization and distribution. Additional responsibilities include marketing of current products. This person should have strong communication skills, an ability to understand and maintain marketing/sales channels; company commercial website (WordPress based), Amazon offerings, Constant Contact management and an understanding of the wide variety of marketing channels associated with State and Federal business.
- B.S. in Business Marketing or Business Management with excellent computer skills and a solid working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Basic HTML, Internet
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience in product development, product management or sales and marketing coordination in a supplier/manufacturing environment
- Experience in management of web-based products, social media marketing or product management methodologies
- Demonstrated communications, project management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Assist in product planning and development across all product categories through interaction with internal departments: marketing, sales, manufacturing, customer service and finance.
- Create deliverables related to product planning including product roadmap, public sector product applications, bids and requests for proposals, customer quote sheets and sample packets, category and product communication collateral, web site updates and price list maintenance.
- In conjunction with Marketing, implementation of the marketing plan with accountability for product profitability. This includes utilizing gained knowledge of market share potential, competitive analyses and evaluation and selection of supplier resources, to create positioning, pricing, demonstrated ROI and turnover.
- Help identify new business growth opportunities within the assigned product lines including analysis of the opportunity that includes justification, positioning, proposed pricing and ROI.
- Conduct market research studies to determine competitive features, pricing, market share, and SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis. Communicate same to management and sales and marketing staff
- Accountable for successful communication to sales so they have the proper training, information and collateral to sell the product.
- Elicit feedback on product ideas and concepts from key customers and sales staff and help drive prototypes and applications when appropriate.
- Occasional travel to client sites, conferences, trade shows, training locations, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.