Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Maintenance Lead Mechanic
Lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Climbing, standing, bending, stooping, and walking
Hours of Work:
Monday thru Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm, 40 hours per week. On call, holiday, and overtime work as required.
The Maintenance Lead Mechanic will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structure. All work will be in compliance with local and state codes, OFPC, OSHA, agency and OPWDD rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in building maintenance including 2 years of trade experience (i.e. plumbing, electrical, etc.) and one year of project oversight experience is required
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment is required
- Clean NYS driver’s license is required
- Basic computer skills is required
- Ensure that all maintenance work performed is completed according to safety, health, quality and required codes/standards.
- Oversee the completion of assigned projections, including directive of staff and adherence to project budget.
- Required to supervise Facility Management Department staff as needed in order to complete assigned projects.
- Ensure that facilities are secured as required.
- Perform preventive procedures as required.
- Ensure that all documentation, purchase requisitions and work orders are accurate, complete and timely.
- Monitor agency for unsafe conditions and correct or report any found immediately.
- Ensure projects must be completed according to plans, specifications and all applicable codes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Document work performed on agency electronic work order system.
- Maintain work areas, tools and equipment.
- Follow all department/agency policies and procedures.
- Provide person centered individual attention to all consumers.
- Follow safe operating procedures with regard to use of tools of the trade. This includes the use of knives and cutting devices in the course of work. This position is exempt from the knives restriction as outlined in the Workplace Violence Prevention Policy as knives are considered tools of the trade.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.