Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Montgomery County, NY
Ability to lift and transfer consumers, walking, climbing, bending and reaching.
Hours of Work:
Full time- 40 hours per week. Work hours vary. Frequent evening hours required, minimum 20 hours prior to 8:30 am or beyond 4:30 pm plus one spot-check per week. 24 hour emergency coverage required. Quarterly awake night spot check required. Spot checks conducted at various times, frequency, and shift to ensure unexpected visits. On call responsibilities.
Responsible for managing staff, schedules and finances of the site. Responsible to ensure compliance with all OPWDD & OFPC regulations and state survey results. Ensure that all people supported have excellent supports and live the lives they love. Ensure relationships are built that are collaborative and person centered.
- High School Diploma/GED is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working directly with program participants and supervising staff functions is required.
- Medical certification is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license is required.
- Travel is required; employee must have reliable transportation available.
- Monitor all functions of home operation; ensure supports are present for all people in the home.
- Responsible for the supervision, collaboration, discipline, hiring and termination of direct support staff in the home.
- Comply with Residential regulations, agency policy and procedures, training and documentation.
- Maintain budgetary compliance with staff schedules, overtime and household expenses.
- Ensure accurate documentation and billing requirements.
- Schedule direct support staff and perform direct support duties as needed.
- Work with family, advocate, or correspondent on behalf of people supported in the home.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.