Are you looking for an environment that offers the perfect work life balance with a flexible schedule? Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Walking, bending, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, lifting, etc.
Hour of Work:
Full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday thru Friday. Rotating on-call, some evening
hours required. On-call weekends and holidays, on call as assigned on a rotating basis. On-site visits as medically necessary. Shifts and hours may vary depending on agency need
The overall responsibilities of the RN position focus on providing medical services to individuals in Residential and Day Programs. The RN is also responsible for providing training and instruction in health areas as requested to individuals and staff.
- Licensed RN in New York State.
- One year clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills are very important.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Travel is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Provide medical services to individuals in the residential programs, in compliance with agency, local, state and federal regulations.
- Assess for actual or potential health hazards whether physical or biological for each individual on an ongoing basis.
- Provide health and safety training to agency personnel, to include: Residential and work sites
- Record and maintain individual medical records in compliance with all federal, state. Local and agency regulations, policies & procedures.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, surveys as part of the individual’s overall plan of care.
- Responsible for assuring all communication is accurate and timely, and conveyed to learn and direct care system with instructions as needed.
- Pursue personal and professional development and attend mandated agency training as required.
- Provide additional caseload coverage as assigned.
- Residential and Day visits weekly where there are two or more individuals and more frequently as medically necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.