Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As the largest provider of services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Montgomery County, we see firsthand that our employees truly make a difference in the lives of the people we support. If your career path is focused on being part of an inspiring profession, with many life-long rewards, where you are part of something special, we have an opportunity for you.
Liberty ARC offers:
- COMPETITIVE STARTING RATE - $17.00/hr + experience!
- EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE - Medical (with No Deductible), Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF - Earn up to 5 weeks in the 1st year!
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT - Plus a base pay increase when you earn your degree!
- REFERRAL BONUS - Bring a Friend and earn up to $1000!
- PAID ON-THE-JOB TRAINING
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will have the opportunity to support individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve the quality of life they value. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with daily living activities
- Medication administration
- Assistance with meals/dietary needs
- Personal care
- Community inclusion
- Maintenance of various documentation
We are looking for DSPs with the following qualities/qualifications:
- Caring, nurturing demeanor
- Desire to help others and make a difference in their lives
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to lift and transfer individuals, lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, climb, bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist
- Must be willing to perform a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and driver’s license abstract
Hours of work are dependent upon position and site assignment.
Liberty ARC is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice. A candidate’s rate of pay is based upon a consideration of several factors which may vary based upon the position. These factors may include education, prior work experience, licenses, certifications and labor markets. In addition to your pay, Liberty cares about you and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Liberty offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves.