Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Relief Dental Assistant
Supervising Dental Assistant
Ability to assist with the transfer of patients
Hours of Work:
Relief; as needed
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years direct care experience with persons with developmental disabilities and/or 2 years of experience in a dental setting
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Provide direct assistance as needed to the Dentist(s), Hygienist(s) and Oral Surgeon(s) during performance of various clinical services.
- Assist patient to and from the operatory, in preparation for receiving clinical services and as needed in conjunction with professional and front desk staff, the planning of future appointments.
- As directed by providers and/or supervisory personnel provide patients with care instructions, assist in the processes associated with dental pre medications, referrals to other providers and arrangements for filling/refilling prescription medications.
- Prepare and clean dental operatory before and after patient visits and at beginning/end of day.
- Maintain as necessary x-ray, laboratory and utility areas of the dental department.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Perform as directed equipment checks and completion of logs as required for Health Center operations.
- Order, receive and restock supplies, instruments, etc. as dictated in order to ensure supply meets needs in dental department and that all items dated for use are current.
- Review patient charts to ensure complete and correct information pertaining to dental services.
- Perform all duties to ensure compliance with New Dimensions in Health Care Policy and Guidelines and all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Attend mandated training as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with providers, patients, family members, coworkers and visitors.
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.