Are you looking for an environment that offers the perfect work life balance with a flexible schedule? Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Paid Human Services Intern
Residential Manager/Family Support Manager/Habilitation Coordinator
Must be able to lift 50lbs, walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching and twisting.
Hours of Work:
Some weekend, evening and holiday work is required. Some limitations apply on total hours worked.
Assists with daily care and supports provided to persons with disabilities in a supervised person-centered manner so that each person lives a life they love. Uphold agency values and work collaboratively with all agency functions to ensure assigned supports are completed to promote health, safety and quality of life for the individuals supported. The Human Services Intern must at all times have supervised and restricted access to the individuals supported by the agency.
- Must be working towards a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be able to provide all required New York State working papers for 16-17 year old applicants.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license is preferred.
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice. A candidate’s rate of pay is based upon a consideration of several factors which may vary based upon the position. These factors may include education, prior work experience, licenses, certifications and labor markets. In addition to your pay, Liberty cares about you and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Liberty offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves.
- Ensure that supports are provided with consideration of each person’s individualized routines and procedures under the direct supervision of a fully qualified Direct Support Professional.
- Provide a safe, secure, and comfortable home atmosphere.
- Assist with household errands and tasks including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, gardening, and other special tasks as identified.
- Ensure continuity and security for each individual.
- Follow agency, state, and federal regulations in order to maintain compliance.
- Report all incidents, including allegations of abuse and neglect and serious incidents, to the Manager and other required parties immediately upon discovery.
- Support fully qualified staff in ensuring that individuals participate in the life of the community.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Attend training and individual specific in-services as necessary.