Look no further. This is the place for you! Liberty ARC offers you the chance to have a fulfilling career with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of those we support. Liberty, the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC, supports individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards and want to be a part of something special, we want YOU!
Don’t miss the chance to work at one of most respected not-for-profits in upstate NY. We offer numerous professional growth opportunities, paid/on-the-job training and competitive benefits. Apply now and begin a truly unforgettable experience with us. It’s all about the opportunity and what you make of the journey!
Maintenance Lead Technician
Location: Amsterdam, NY
FLSA: Non Exempt
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Climbing, standing, bending, stooping, and walking
Hours of Work:
Monday thru Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm, 40 hours per week. On call, holiday, and overtime work as required.
The Maintenance Lead Technician will be responsible for preforming general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structure. All work will be in compliance with local and state codes, OFPC, OSHA, agency and OPWDD rules and regulations.
High school diploma or GED. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in building maintenance. 2 years of trade experience (i.e. plumbing, electrical, etc.). Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment. Must have one year supervisory experience. Clean NYS driver’s license. Basic computer skills required.
- Assure that all maintenance work performed by self or those supervised is completed according to safety, health, quality and required codes/standards.
- Required to supervise Facility Management Department staff as needed in order to complete assigned projects.
- Assure that facilities are secured as required.
- Perform preventative procedures as required.
- Ensure that all documentation, purchase requisitions and work orders are accurate, complete and timely.
- Monitor agency for unsafe conditions and correct or report any found immediately.
- All in house projects must be completed according to plans, specifications and all applicable codes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Document work performed on agency electronic work order system.
- Maintain work areas, tools and equipment as agreed.
- Follow all department/agency policies and procedures.
- Provide person centered individual attention to all consumers.
- Follow safe operating procedures with regard to use of tools of the trade. This includes the use of knives and cutting devices in the course of work. This position is exempt from the knives restriction as outlined in the Workplace Violence Prevention Policy as knives are considered tools of the trade.
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.