Look no further. This is the place for you! Liberty ARC
offers you the chance to have a fulfilling career with numerous opportunities to make a REAL
difference in the lives of those we support. Liberty, the Montgomery County Chapter of NYSARC
, supports individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards and want to be a part of something special, we want YOU!
Don’t miss the chance to work at one of most respected not-for-profits in upstate NY. We offer numerous professional growth opportunities, paid/on-the-job training and competitive benefits. Apply now and begin a truly unforgettable experience with us. It’s all about the opportunity and what you make of the journey!
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Reports To: Associate Director
Physical Requirements: Lifting: Ability to lift and transfer consumers, walking, climbing, bending, reaching
Hours of Work: Full time- 40 hours per week. Work hours vary. Frequent evening hours required, minimum 20 hours prior to 8:30 am or beyond 4:30 pm plus one spot-check per week. A minimum of two weekends per month for a total of 2–4 hours. 24 hour emergency coverage required. Quarterly awake night spot check required. Spot checks conducted at various times, frequency, and shift to ensure unexpected visits.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience preferred working directly with program participants and supervising staff functions.
- Must be med certified and complete other training courses.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, must have HS Diploma/GED
- Must be able to read & write the English language
- Valid NYS Driver’s license
- Responsible for the supervision, discipline, hiring and termination of direct support staff in the home
- Travel is required; employee must have reliable transportation available
- Comply with Residential regulations, agency P&P, training and documentation
- Monitor all functions of home operation; ensure supports are present for all consumers
- Work with family, advocate, or correspondent
- Perform direct support duties as needed
- Scheduling direct support staff
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Employer, Minority/Female/ Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment physicals and substance abuse testing.
Liberty was founded in 1957 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wished to establish special education programs in the local community. Celebrating 60 years of quality services in 2017, the organization offers vocational, residential, day, family support and health-related services. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, NY with sites located throughout Montgomery County.
Get to know Liberty ARC…visit us on Facebook and at libertyarc.org