Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Direct Laborer/ Packaging & Assembly
Location: Amsterdam, NY
FLSA: Non Exempt
Reports To: Production Planner
Bending, pushing, pulling, sitting, standing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 pounds. Lifting over 50 pounds will be done with a team lift exercise.
Hours of Work
: Part Time, 10-28 hours per week, Mon-Fr. Hours and shifts will vary depending on operational needs
Perform a variety of production duties including, pulling materials, assembling goods and packing finished cases. Must be able to follow job tasks necessary to prepare finished goods for fulfillment to the customer. Will be flexible and work as part of the Manufacturing team.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have the ability to work independently and conduct one’s self in a professional manner.
- Good communication skills necessary.
- Package and assemble Liberty products as needed and directed by work location supervisor.
- Pull and assemble raw material and prepare for production into finished goods.
- Assist in the operation of equipment necessary to produce finished goods.
- Palletize final product and count daily production as needed.
- Work alongside others as needed to achieve fulfillment needs.
- Assist with inventory.
- Attend training sessions as mandated by the position.
- Perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.