Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.
As one of Montgomery County’s largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If you’re looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Montgomery County, NY
Supervising Behavior Specialist
The ability to utilize SCIP RR techniques is required. Normal Office Environment.
Hours of Work:
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with flexible schedule. Full time 37.5 hours. Some travel required.
Provide psychological and behavioral services to individuals with disabilities. Ensure compliance with all regulations. Maintain records in compliance with agency policies & procedures.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, school psychology, or applied psychology is required. National board certification in behavior analysis (BCBA), or New York State license in mental health counseling is preferred.
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or special training in the field is required.
- Valid NYS driver’s license is required.
- Provide Psychological/Behavioral services to individuals in programs, maintaining compliance with Department and Agency policy/procedure, State, local, and Federal regulations.
- Record and maintain individual’s behavioral records in compliance with all department and agency policies/procedures.
- Provide training to agency personnel including home and worksites.
- Participate in team meetings and surveys as part of individuals overall plan of care.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, Human Rights Committee review, plan fading and requirements, tracking and programmatic compliance.
- Ensure review of Behavior Support Plans and monitoring plans to ensure compliance.
- Participate in additional caseload coverage as assigned.
- Pursue personal/professional development and attend mandated agency training as required.
- Ensure communication is appropriate, accurate and timely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.