Licensed Practical Nurse
Montgomery County, NY
Walking, climbing, reaching, bending, etc.
Hours of Work
: Full time, approximately 37.5 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours required. Holiday work as needed. Emergency coverage required.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will assist the Registered Nurse (RN) by providing on-site care, attending doctor appointments and monitoring and reporting healthcare status to RN. The LPN will execute nursing orders and assist in training other staff in medical administration.
- Licensed and registered as an LPN in New York State.
- One year experience in clinical nursing setting and/or experience with the developmentally disabled preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Travel is required; employee must have reliable transportation available
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Provide medical support to individuals by monitoring individual’s health, assisting with self-care, and providing nursing care as directed.
- Maintain communication and documentation by reporting any concerns or medical problems to RN, and completing medical documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with training of staff (under RN guidance).
- Administer medications/treatments as ordered by the physician, including subcutaneous and IM injections, insertion of G-tubes, Foley catheterizations, wound care, etc.
- Attend medical appointments, report information to physician and follow up after the appointment to RN for directions.
- Monitor medical supplies and medications, order as needed.
- Provide medical services to individual in the residential programs, in compliance with agency policies and procedures, local, state and federal regulations.
- Attend mandated training as required ensuring LPN license is current.
- Crosscheck Plans of Nursing (PONs), doctor’s orders or prescriptions, and Medical Administration Records (MAR’s) to ensure consistency and regulatory compliance.
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.